In addition to our current protocols for universal precautions for infection control outlined by CDC and OSHA standards, we are instituting additional protocols to keep you and our team safe during the pandemic:
- Please call when you arrive at our office; we will let you know when your personal operatory is ready for you.
- We will take your temperature when you arrive; please stay home if you have a fever or are feeling ill.
- We will do a verbal medical screening upon your arrival.
- We will ask you to hand sanitize before going back to your operatory, where you will be asked to pre-rinse with an anti-microbial rinse before your procedure.
Other things we have put in place in our office for everyone’s safety:
- Enhanced personal protective gear for our team
- Vacuum use for high aerosol producing procedures such as the cavitron used in hygiene
- Upgraded our HVAC system with new advanced filters
- Temperature checks on all team members
Check out this link from the American Dental Association for additional information about dentistry in the COVID-19 era.